Question on breeding nets

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
My wife insisted today on buying some tiger dano's? today and not knowing how petco's tanks and fish health are I placed them in my guppy tank. Before I did I removed my guppies and put them in a breeder net in my 55 gal tank. How long caN I keep them in there and how long should I QT these other fish?

I am a bit confused, is your guppy tank a guppy tank or a QT tank. What is in your 55gal tank got in it, are your guppys going in your 55gal or just the danio's. How many guppys are in the breeder net.
If you have to many guppys in your breeder net it will just totally stress them out.

Sorry, I have a 55 gal with 2 bala sharks, 2 dalmation mollies, 4 female betta's, 2 bleeding hearts, 4 painted glass, 6 cory cats, 2 rainbows, and 4 other fish I don't know the name for. My 10 gal is my "qt", it had 4 guppies and 6 neon tetra's, I have lost 3 neons but not due to disease, I moved the guppies into the main tank in a breeder net to protect them from the general population, I placed the zebra danios into the 10 gal tank. I need to know how long I need to keep them (teh zebra's) out of the general population of the 55 gal. The guppies are returning to the 10 gal once I get the zebra's out. I lost 1 guppy, he got hung between the net and the frame. so there are 3 in the breeder net.

No need to say sorry, i just got a bit confused. All i can basically say is your guppy's will not like it in the breeding net for to long, as for QT, some people QT for a week some for two and so on. It is when you are happy that the fish you got are healthy enough to be put into your main tank.

Ok thanks, I can say the zebra's are very active. Can I put the guppies back in the 10 gal with the zebra's? I don't want them killed.

I can't see a problem putting your guppy's back in your 10gal, my only concern would be fin nipping from your danio's, if your guppys have long flowing fins.

They might or they might not, it is hard to say. i have had danio's and guppys in the same tank at home in the past with no problems. But who knows what goes on in the minds of fish.
Before putting them back i would see what other answers you get on that subject, as someone else might have better experiance with guppy/danio mixes.

I'm a bit stumped with this one being a cichlid man myself

Back
Top Bottom