Question on Test kits...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lonewolfblue

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have it. I like it a lot, the nitrate test doesn't involve all that shaking. I get the same reading when I test twice instead of different results every time with AP. It goes by shades of pink. I think it is easier to read. The ammania test takes a 1/2 hour to set up. I dont really care since I never test for ammonia. The Ph takes two drops and goes by shades of green and blue. The KH and GH works the same as AP just count drops. The iron test is next to useless. It always says even after I just put iron in the tank. The phosphate seems to work better than the AP but it still ain't great at low concentrations. Kind of white with little hints of blue.

hth

Cool, thanks....

For testing ammonia and nitrite, will stick with AP til it's gone. But for the nitrate, sounds like it will be much easier to read. I don't test ammonia and nitrite much anymore, as both my tanks are cycled, and one has been cycled for over a year. But the whole cycle process will start over again, as I'm starting my 75G planted. But I already got a jump on it, as my XP3 has been on my 55G since Christmas Day. :)

I forgot they also provide droppers to fill the test tubes. Very handy used take me longer to get the right amount of water in the tube than it did to run the tests. Let me know what you think when you get it.

Rich

I have it also and really like it except for the nitrate and PO4 test.
the 3rd solution for each is in a glass bottle with out a normal dropper, so i have a hard time getting even drop out of them it almost runs out when i turn them upside down. I attached a pic so you could see what I'm talking about kinda hard to describe. Maybe someone else who has it can tell me what I'm doing wrong ot tell me how they do it.

I have it also and really like it except for the nitrate and PO4 test.
the 3rd solution for each is in a glass bottle with out a normal dropper, so i have a hard time getting even drop out of them it almost runs out when i turn them upside down. I attached a pic so you could see what I'm talking about kinda hard to describe. Maybe someone else who has it can tell me what I'm doing wrong ot tell me how they do it.

Back
Top Bottom