Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 10-02-2005, 11:04 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Questions on MH 20K and what are the best corals to get?

I wanted to know what are the best corals to gain the most benefits from 20K MH? Thanks

Old 10-02-2005, 11:19 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via ICQ to fishfreek Send a message via AIM to fishfreek Send a message via MSN to fishfreek Send a message via Yahoo to fishfreek
I dont know of any studies being done to establish growth rates of different corals under different specitrums nor do I recall hearing of any studies to reflect which corals zooanthelle is more sensitive to 20K vs lets say 10K or actinic 03.

Given the right intensity you can have just about any coral in any specitrum of light as long as it does not have to much in the way of red in the specitrum.

Check out our articles area. 30+ Aquatic articles for your enjoyment
Are you in or around the Shenandoah Valley area? If so click here to join our regional forum.
fishfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2005, 11:22 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I have zoos and they are doing fine but the star polyps, and I have maroon with green tipped "grass" and it used to come out excellent now with the brighter light it hasn't been the same the water is fine. what else can it be? The polyps seem to peel off the rock, deteriorate?
Old 10-03-2005, 12:42 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Send a message via AIM to DragonForce
I have 10k MH, many people here seem to agree that adding a few retrofit actinic lighting fixtures is neccesary for proper health and growth of your corals. HTH try doing some searches here or pull up some information on google.

This is a nice thread here that has alot of peoples ideas on the different MH temps.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewto...+supplementing
3' fine sand bed 1x Orange Stripe Prawn shrimp goby, 1x sixline wrassemated pair of true percula clowns, 1x CBS shrimp, 2x peppermint shrimp, 1x pistol shrimp, 1x tiger tale cuke, ~20+ snails, ~10+ hermits, 1xserpent star.
green Bubble coral, hammer coral (8 heads!) ,various Zoos,green finger leather, green star polpys ,shrooms
175w 10k MH
28w actinic 03
2x maxi jett 1200
Prizm skimmer (modded)
Hagen powerfilter(for running carbon 24/7)
nano arctica chiller
DragonForce is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
coral, corals

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com