Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-11-2016, 12:20 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie

'Quick Prime' button on Magniflow 360....

......doesn't work! Didn't budge at first until I popped the top off the button and found a Philips screw. Loosened that and now the button goes up and down but no priming is going on. AAARRRGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Old 07-12-2016, 09:02 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

LOL - welcome to the forum

How did you go with sorting this out?

Old 07-12-2016, 10:29 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Newbie

G'Day Delapool!

I finally just broke down and sucked on the intake end of the valve block and got a good mouthful of delicious salt water. That got things going. So, aside from a little aggravation and some parched lips I came out OK. Thanks for your reply! Love the forum.
Old 07-12-2016, 07:22 PM   #4
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

'Quick Prime' button on Magniflow 360....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle View Post
G'Day Delapool!

I finally just broke down and sucked on the intake end of the valve block and got a good mouthful of delicious salt water. That got things going. So, aside from a little aggravation and some parched lips I came out OK. Thanks for your reply! Love the forum.

Hmmm, salt water! The self-priming feature sounds a great idea, I'll have to keep that in mind for next filter. Happy otherwise with the filter?
Old 07-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #5
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

you could add 2 ball valves one on inlet other on outlet I put them about a inch above the cover , just be sure to keep a small pan under the canister to catch any overflow when you open it .
another thought would be a lift pump
54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:49 AM   #6
Aquarium Advice Newbie

Yes, Delapool--After I finally got it going, the 360 seems to be doing a great job; No leaks, good output stream and very quiet. And thanks for the idea, Seaweed. I'm thinking that, now that there's water in the lines, I shouldn't have any more priming issues to worry about. Unless I do........
Old 07-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #7
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I used to till I added ball valves ,it drove me crazy trying to clean the canister as it always lost prim ball valves solved that ,

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
flow, ick, prime, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com