Quick vac pro??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Has anyone ever used this product? And would it do a good job on a 75 gallon tank with sand??

Aquarium Gravel Cleaner: Eheim Quick Vac Pro
I will soon be in the market for a product like this. Eheim have an excellent reputation for their products and judging from the reviews on the site, it seems like a very good product. It would be nice to get this or similar in an electric version(more powerful). I'm sure you read the reviews on the site but this one did stand out to me.....

"The design of this unit is very clever, however i have an African cichlid tank with a sand substrate and the vacuum gets clogged up on the tiniest piece of sand that is sucks up. Like everyone with a sand tank knows you always want to hover an inch or two above the substrate but even the tiniest bit sucked up will clog it and this happens often. This thing does come apart easy so you can clean it and get it back in business but the clogging was happening to often for it to be effective in my tank. I think for gravel substrate it would great! It has plenty of power to suck up the gunk!Pros: Easy to Use, Pet Loves It, no rush to vacuum anymore!
Cons: not ideal for sand substrate, clogs easily"

I wonder if putting a small piece of floss inside the tube or filter bag would stop/catch any sand getting sucked up.....

I recommend it. With a big aquarium, the regular siphon just won't cut it without displacing tons of water. If you have some substrate other than sand, then I say go ahead and get it

I recommend it. With a big aquarium, the regular siphon just won't cut it without displacing tons of water. If you have some substrate other than sand, then I say go ahead and get it
I have no experience with these or have even used one. Do you think it would work with a bit of floss(for sand) in it or would it slow the suction too much??

I have no experience with these or have even used one. Do you think it would work with a bit of floss(for sand) in it or would it slow the suction too much??

it might be reduced. but keep in mind that it will wear the motor off faster and that it might not have enough to suck up the heavier debris, which defeats the purpose of the vacuum

You can try to hover the vac higher to stop the disturbance of the sand and pick up the debris. I had sand in one of my tank and I know it works but not the cleanest since I have to do it like that. even if the sand gets into the vac, you can always take it apart and rinse it off. I have done that as well

Hey I just switched my aquarium to sand! I thought the vac would be way to strong but it actually works really good! Because the sands more dense the poo sits Ontop of it so I cleaned it for the first time today in a week and you just have to skim the top of it and it only pulls up the bad stuff! And even if you pull up some sand by accident just turn it off and the sand falls right out!
I highly recommend this product! It's great!

Hey I just switched my aquarium to sand! I thought the vac would be way to strong but it actually works really good! Because the sands more dense the poo sits Ontop of it so I cleaned it for the first time today in a week and you just have to skim the top of it and it only pulls up the bad stuff! And even if you pull up some sand by accident just turn it off and the sand falls right out! I highly recommend this product! It's great!

What type of sand did you use? I used play sand from lowes.

What type of sand did you use? I used play sand from lowes.

I got mine from petland, it's called geosystem substrate#2 it's a pretty fine sand, the vac still works great!

Back
Top Bottom