Quiet Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jess Pena

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've posted about my tank recently about leveling it but now since it's all set up the filter I have is annoying. Its a marineland 350b filter, I'll provide the link below.

Marineland® Penguin 350B Power Filter | fish Filters |

It's not too bad but it's still annoying to sleep with, is there any other filters that are quiet? I heard about canister filters, and some cheap brands like SUNSUN. Any experience with these and tips would help!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have had a SunSun canister filter for a few years.
It is pretty quiet. I have to pay close attention to even hear it.
I also have an Aquatop canister on that tank.
It is just barely audible.
With the tv, videogames, music, or talking to friends, I never hear them.

I also have a Sunsun 302. Pretty quiet. If it's making noise it means I failed getting the air out of the pump head and it needs a tilt or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I bought a used Eheim 2224 canister and it's so quiet I couldn't tell it was on before I had primed it. The water rushing out of the sprayer can be a bit loud, but I lowered it a bit into the water and changed the angle of the sprayer.

I also have a Sunsun 302. Pretty quiet. If it's making noise it means I failed getting the air out of the pump head and it needs a tilt or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Is the canister harder to setup?? I have a few weeks until I can't return my hob filter.

Your filter is an HOB (hang on back) I believe.

I have four HOB's all about three + years old and all made by Fluval as follows:

2 Fluval C3's: DEAD SILENT
1 Aqua Clear 50: DEAD SILENT
1 Fluval C4: Very quiet but not dead silent.

Back
Top Bottom