Quiet Pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fernzpat

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I bought my Iwaki (japanese motor) a couple of years ago my primary concern was heat transfer... It was an extremely cool running pump, but noisy from day one. It just died.

I have lowered the heat output of my lights enough that I really don't need to worry too much about heat, but I would like the quietest pump out there...

Any suggestions?

3/4 in fittings...

Hi, I've been using the Supreme Mag Drive pumps for years. They are quiet and efficient. They have the 3/4 fitting. I've tried some other brands but always ended up taking them back to the store-You get what you pay for :)

I had my Iwaki on a 2" foam and was pretty quiet... maybe placing something underneath would help you. Good Luck :)

I have a Customsealife Velocity Water Pump- T2. It's almost completely silent. You have to put your ear next to it to hear anything. It does, however, heat up the water. It will raise your tank temp by 4 or 5 degrees (Farenheit).

I ended up purchasing a Poseidon PS2 (Titanium) Pump. It was advertised like the Velocity to be under 30 db.

It was strange with my Iwaki... from day one it was loud, no matter how I mounted it... It never gave me the pressure I expected, I think it was a dud from the factory.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom