Quietest air pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

grimlock3000

Aquarium Advice Addict
The generic air pump I use on my small tank is starting to get loud. I want to replace it with something that is much more quiet and does not vibrate like crazy. With the pump I have now, I need to place the pump on the floor because it vibrates so much it makes my whole dresser resonate like crazy if I place it up by the tank. Then I have to deal with a huge airline that my cat takes a swing at once in a while. I am looking for an air pump that I can put up on the dresser next to the tank and popwer my corner filter. Small size and near silent operation are a required, and I really want adjustable air flow as well. Ideas?

Thanks.

Halo grimy,
To be honest I have never come across a virtually quiet airpump, despite the claims some companies make.
It appears to me that if your airpump has become more noisier as of late, that the belt-thingy inside it has worn out. It could prove better to replace the whole airpump because the old one may be losing efficiency.
To avoid some of the noise and vibrations, you could suspend the airpump from a piece of string, or wrap it up in a thick material such as toweling. But ultimately airpumps are noisy and there's not an awful lot you can do about it, it sucks having them in your bedroom doesn't it!!!
Sorry I don't no of any particuler brands that are effective and not very noisy, I spose it'l just be trial and error for that sorry!!
Anyway i have to go cos my frends are here,
Tata,
Justin!

Back
Top Bottom