Quietest filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maxkolbe

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a fluval C2 HOB filter in my room on a ten gallon and lately it has been driving me crazy. It is constantly making crackling or popping noises as well as gurgling. It even sometimes makes a crunching noise which I am sure is not good, I am at the point where I M willing to buy a replacement if it means I can sleep. Does anyone know a HOB filter suitable for a ten gallon that is VERY quiet and still filters well?

Or does anyone know how to fix my problem? I have tried replacing the impeller but that only worked for a week at most. The lid is rubber-banded down and I have tried lubing it with Vaseline when it got bad.

Or if there is another kind of filter other than HOB that would work just as we'll but be quieter I would be willing to try that. I do have a beta in the tank so it can't output too much current or not be able to have a baffle put on it.

Thank you in advance for your advice. Please help as soon as possible. This filter is keeping me awake at night and It has gotten to the point where some nights I have to turn it off and make do with an airstone until the morning.

Try cleaning the impeller or the shaft maybe damaged as that normally makes it make funny sounds

I got all the crud out and sprayed the heck out of the impeller With the sink and it seems to have significantly helped. Hopefully it doesn't revert in a few days since this has happened before. I think I'll stick with the filter I have and just try to remember to stay on top of maintenance. Thanks for the help.

If you do decide to get another filter check out the Tetra Whisper in tank filters for 10-15 gallon tanks. I have one on my ten gallon and it is quiet. I bought an HOB Tetra Whisper for my 29 gallon and I wish I had just stuck with the in tank because the HOB is somewhat noisy. With the internal filter all you here is the water movement.

Back
Top Bottom