quietest HOB filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ctachiera

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all,
I'm curious about people's thoughts on which is the quietest HOB filter. My aquarium is already very well filtered with a canister rated for a much larger tank. So I'm not looking for the best, coolest, etc... Just want a quiet HOB to provide some extra water circulation. Any thoughts?

I love the Penguin 200s I have. After a slime coat is built up on the impeller (or just use plain Vaseline), all I hear is the splash if the water level drops.

+ 1 on penguin 200, while it may not offer the capacity of a fluval or aqua clear, it is quiter than a mouse fart and has been keeping my tank healthy!

+ 1 on penguin 200, while it may not offer the capacity of a fluval or aqua clear, it is quiter than a mouse fart and has been keeping my tank healthy!

I dunno, I personally heard a mouse fart and it's pretty loud and smelly. ;-)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I dunno, I personally heard a mouse fart and it's pretty loud and smelly. ;-) Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
these words you speak?? Mysterious trumped up lies! For a mouse is a delicate creature! One with the quietest of ferhhtsss;)

Awesome, thanks! I thought for sure only Aquaclear fanboys would reply.

I have had my penguins for 3 years and they are just fine. Worn impellers are usually due to sand being sucked in.

Regardless, replacement impellers are cheap...or free...if you ask marineland nicely.

I have 2 penguin 200's in my 55 gallon. I bought them on black friday for $15 each. So it was a no Brainerd for me. And mine are quieter than......?????..... I dunno there just quiet! Lol

Aqeuon quite flow. I've been around and around with all kinds of canisters and hob's. I always come back to the quite flow 55/75. I'm running 2 of them on a 75 g African cichlid tank. Plenty of movement (no scum on the surface) and I can't hear them from 8 ft away. Water is crystal clear and the only debris in the water column is from the cichlids sand filtering. That's just my $0.02 though. Good luck with whatever u choose.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom