quietest water chiller.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sure. Put the output in a bucket. Time how much you get in 1 minute. Multiply by 60.

You can install a flow meter. I run one for my UV.

That would also work and might be a good idea since flow will change so much depending on how dirty the filter is and what kind of media you run.

Flow meter, nice. Looks like another item for my shopping list.
Any particular model you guys trust?

If you want one that measures higher unfortunately they are pricey. They are more of an industrial application item. I buy them for DI water systems and such. You can Google it and find them everywhere from Grainger to high purity plumbing supply dealers. Since you need one to measure that much gph I would say Fort had the economical way to calculate it best. Otherwise you can spend the dough on an industrial one. Here is an example:
http://www.dwyer-inst.com/Product/Flow/Flowmeters/VariableArea/SeriesUV

If this works for you I can send you one if interested.

Max would be 960 gph, 3/4" connections and is about 10" or so tall.

Attachments

• image-4268977106.jpg
    image-4268977106.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 55
Yes id be interested. How do you actually plumb it. Is it just inline? What would you want for it

Yeah it just plumbs inline vertically.

As for what I want for it would be like $10-$15 just for shipping & packaging. This was used briefly in a DI water system but looks almost brand new.

Last edited:
Yeah it just plumbs inline vertically.

As for what I want for it would be like $10-$15 just for shipping & packaging. This was used briefly in a DI water system but looks almost brand new.

Thx keithhjs, now I've got a flow meter that'll make sure I got the right flow going through my chiller

Back
Top Bottom