Radion xr 30 led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

James0264

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have one Radion Gen 3 over my 56 gal rimless tank. What % should I run my light to grow SPS. Tank is 18" deep. Light is about 9" over tank. I am running the light currently at 60% currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Well, one isn't enough to provide enough coverage for a tank of this size. These units have 2 ft of coverage. This is especially true with the stock 90 degree lenses.
In my 55 reef, I run 2 gen 2 Radions at 60% and keep many SPS throughout the tank.

I have the wide angle lens on the radion.

That will help some, but if you are wanting SPS throughout the tank you will need two of these units. You will be able to keep them under the Radion as it stands though.

I have 2-gen 2's over my 75, and while you would need a second unit to get complete coverage, you could easily get away with one for now. I also have my lights about 9-10" above water and run them at 55%. I have SPS half way down the tank and a some SPS frags on the sand bed and they're both doing very well.

Just keep the sps under the pucks and not on the outside where it's not getting direct light. Place the lower light hungry corals there. :) Simple.

Back
Top Bottom