Ran into problem with new 100gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catchndolphn

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok so i got my new 100 gallon set up and approx 80 gallons of water in it w/ 80lbs of sand and i just got the stuff to set up my sump. problem is, the sump wont fit unless i remove a support from the back of the stand. the board is in the center of the back of the stand is approx a 4x1x36, what are the chances i could remove this support temperarily to put the sump in without any problems?

You can remove it as long as you can put it back, however I would empty the tank. No question about it dont risk it

there are two other supports on the back along with the corner, is it possible i could reinforce the others long enough to slide the new sump in?

supports

If their are others, I don't see why you could not brace it. Have some friends help out.

I really dont know but I think I would play it safe and empty the water out. You figure water weighs 8.15 lbs per gallon. That`s over 800 lbs. Thats alot of weight to remove a brace. JMO.

Back
Top Bottom