Re-seal used 55 Gal Tank? (pictures)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SouthOfTheBay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All,

I'm new to the forums and getting back into the hobby. I bought a 55 Gal tank from a friend, he said he's had the tank for about 8 years and it never leaked and has never been re-sealed. He had it set up for a couple weeks before selling it to me. But I'm second guessing the silicone seal, it's very thin on the corners, and on the bottom and top parts of the tank it's very thick and seems fine. The corners are what has me worried, I attached pictures of it. I stopped by two LFS (with pictures of the tank), one told me that it shouldn't be a problem, as long as there is no then leaks I shouldn't worry about it. Another told me that if it doesn't leak it should be okay, but that he doesn't know, he also said that it someone probably tried re-sealing it and didn't do it right. I've been testing it for one day so far, and it seems to have no leaks, comepletely water tight. I'd really appreaciate the advice. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMAG0034.jpg
    IMAG0034.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 80
  • IMAG0030.jpg
    IMAG0030.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 69
  • IMAG0041.jpg
    IMAG0041.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0029.jpg
    IMAG0029.jpg