Reaction 4-Stage Canister Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm looking for a new canister filter. I have been running Rena XP2 filters on all my tanks for a few years now. One of my filters started leaking water from the cover where the cord comes out. I just want to replace this filter with a different brand. I have seen some good reviews for the reaction 4-stage. It has a uv bult in. I could use this filter for my fowlr tank and put my other XP2 on my cichlid tank. It is either that or just by a Fluval and put it on my cichlid tank. I was just looking for some input on the Reaction 4-stage filter.

jbj knock off.... its just a marineland c series canister with added uv. in all my years i have never had the need for a uv. jbj tends to be low quality. never used that one my self. if you do get rid of the xp2 pm me about it.

I am a fluvial person myself, but an inline UV seems it would add problems...kinda like a TV/VCR combo.....

I replaced the O-rings on the Quick disconnect and it seems that the xp2 is not leaking. I will keep a close eye on it. If that doesn't work I might just buy a Fluval.

I bought a Marineland C-360 for my 55 fresh and love it. Rena, Eheim, Fluval, they're all pretty comparable so it's hard to go wrong, it just comes down to preference.

Back
Top Bottom