Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-19-2011, 08:41 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict
mr_X's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Fairless Hills, Pa.
Posts: 17,895
Send a message via MSN to mr_X
with skimmers, 98% of it is about the pump. the efficiency of the pump v.s. the amount of air it draws. the other 2% is design...bubble plate,...better acrylic...if a bubble king has a pump pulling 300gph and 25 scfh(standard cubic feet per hour) of air and uses 60 watts, and you want to stack it up to something like a reef octopus, with a single sicce pump that pulls 30-35 scfh, and uses about 30 watts, while pumping 660 gph, the answer is quite clear.

yes kurt, i am a remora hater and it's only because of experience. and yes, their was a jab, but it was at aqua-c, not you. even their website cannot give any concrete info other than their spray injection system accomplishing "huge amounts of air and water to be processed with a relatively small pump". i find that quite vague. if i was a skimmer manufacturer, the most important item that i would advertise about my skimmer is it's actual numbers, just like anything else in this hobby. look at LEDs ...most LEDs are crapola, except for the few who actually post their PAR numbers.

mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote

marine, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Marine Sources Cone Protein Skimmer CS 120 donkey General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 2 11-20-2010 03:12 PM
Bio-wheel versus Protein Skimmer in Marine Tank HELP krazedkazoo General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 4 02-15-2010 09:28 AM
Precision Marine Skimmer dsmlrussell General Hardware/Equipment Discussion 2 03-02-2007 02:03 PM

» Photo Contest Winners

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities

Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.