Reality check on tank prices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Togliat

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got quotes on a custom built tank 60x24x24 (150g) for about $400-$450.
Hand-built pine stand was $450 (seems pricey)

I also saw an Oceanic 155g bow front tank, with stand, hood, and T5 lights on a dusty LFS showroom floor for $900.

I see all sorts of steals on this forum, mostly used tanks on Craig's List and such.
But if one is interested in a new tank, do you think these prices are reasonable or outrageous?

Thanks for any info!

That's not a horrible price... I paid $225 for my 150 with the same dimensions... and stand... and a bunch of other stuff with it. But, it was used. For that tank from glasscages, the tank alone is $638... so doesn't sound real bad.

I was looking at a reef ready 180 with dual over flows and the price was 848 and 300 for the stand.

Larger tanks especially brand new can be speedy. Anything from 150-220 gallons expect to pay 800-1400 for a tank & stand/canopy.

Thanks guys.
I'm heading to look at and hopefully buy a tank tomorrow!

I'm looking at a 300g from class cages with sapphire glass, dual overflows, and the stand for $2200. Is that too much? I honestly have no idea where else to look for a tank.

slitherbomb said:
I'm looking at a 300g from class cages with sapphire glass, dual overflows, and the stand for $2200. Is that too much? I honestly have no idea where else to look for a tank.

Glass cages tends to be a bit on the spendy side.

Best I've seen in my neck of the woods was a 125g with everything but the fish, water and decor for $600 (brand new). I believe it was a Marineland tank.

Ok. I just went out and purchased an "Oceanson 155 Gallon" bow front aquarium, with stand, hood and (two) T5 lights.
$969 with tax.

It has a nice, integrated look.

It is full of water in my garage right now with some stickies marking the water level (leak test) and a slab of cardboard over the top to limit evaporation.

Next step: get some help lifting that puppy into my home after draining. It was really heavy empty, even for two of us.

Ill open a different thread for the build so as not to hijack my own thread's discussion topic, LoL.

Back
Top Bottom