Recommendations for new RO unit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keith A.

Aquarium Advice Activist
The LFS where I have been getting my water for my tank has closed its doors and I'm starting to face the possibility of having to get my own RO unit. Does anyone have any suggestions on which type or brand to get for a 75 gal tank? What are some things that I should look for?

Thanks,
Keith

If you want a good high quality unit, check out Bulk Aquarium Supplies - Reef Aquarium Supplies | BulkReefSupply.com you may spend a little bit more for them, but there worth it in my opinion.

+1 to this

I bought one from PureWaterClub.com and saved maybe $20 over the BRS equivalent, but it seems the BRS ones are better made and the connections are better thought out. (I ended up having to go to Lowes to get the right stuff to plumb mine in how I wanted it.) Based on the instructions the PWC one came with, I'm pretty sure it was made overseas. (Poor English) I'm aslo pretty sure they did not put the auto shut off in correctly either. BRS also has refillabel DI canisters. The PWC ones are not. I could have had the BRS one set up in 15 minutes. Instead with runnign around to find plumbing bits, it took two days.

Ok. Thanks for the feedback. What kind of things do I look for in one? Are they hard to set up?

Reputation mostly. From what I've gathered, the components on most of them are pretty generic. BRS does color code their hoses, which is nice. They have good customer service and a lot of videos online to help you figure things out. One thing I'd go for is a refillable DI canister. This will cost a little more up front, but save you in the long run. Speaking of which - make sure you get one with a DI stage and not just RO. Make sure you get what you need to hook it up like you want from the start as well.

Bulkreef supply is verygood I got the 5 stage plus ...quality is awsome pricey but worth it

Back
Top Bottom