Recommended brand(s) of tank heater for 10gal Betta tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

betta_

Aquarium Advice Regular
So many brands, so many choices.

Criteria: Thermostat, Auto on/off, doesn't take up too much room, doesn't look half bad lol

Thanks!

New fish.

Thank you! I will continue my research

New fish.

Many different wattages out there. Any recommendations?

New fish.

I have the 150W version of the EHEIM Jager Aquarium Thermostat Heater for my 29 gallon tank and I love it.

You could go for something like a 50W for yours.

50w is a good size for 10g.

I have both an Aqueon Pro and Eheim Jagger, love both. Though, the size of the Eheim Jagger 50w is almost as long as the 250w Aqueon Pro...

What makes eheim jager better than other brands?

New fish.

What makes eheim jager better than other brands?

New fish.

1 - It's affordable
2 - It's reliable
3 - It can be exposed to air while on without breaking
4 - It's controllable and able to be calibrated
5 - It has a well working internal thermometer, i.e. it keeps the temperature from fluctuating much
6 - I've never had one of these get condensation on the inside like I have with other brands of heaters such as Aqueon and aquatop.

1 - It's affordable
2 - It's reliable
3 - It can be exposed to air while on without breaking
4 - It's controllable and able to be calibrated
5 - It has a well working internal thermometer, i.e. it keeps the temperature from fluctuating much
6 - I've never had one of these get condensation on the inside like I have with other brands of heaters such as Aqueon and aquatop.

I don't think #6 applies to the Aqueon PRO. But honestly, both are beautiful heaters, but the Aqueon Pro being lifetime warranty..

Just a footnote since we are mentioning aqueon heaters, I've had two of the aqueon presets malfunction in the last two months. One was 4 months old, the other about 8 months. Just worth mentioning on the aqueon front, hopefully the pro's are better being 15$ higher.

Eheim Jager is my fav brand of heater by far to date.

+1 most reliable heater I've had. I'm sure there are better ones but for the price it can't be beat

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Eheim Jagers aren't that expensive either, at least from what I see for a 50 watt

New fish.

Back
Top Bottom