Recommended Thermometers?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use a digital meat thermometer from the kitchen aisle in the grocery store. I figured I have to go to the tank to read the temp anyway (and I have to get really close since I can't read anything that tiny), so why keep it in the tank? It's one less thing to try to hide.

The thermometer I have takes about 10-15 seconds to come up to full temp. I've tested it against some hyper-sensitive equipment from work and it's accurate to w/in .5 degrees all the time. It cost about $15. Not the cheapest solution necessarily, but much more convenient. It's great for setting the water temp for water changes too. Just hold it under the tap until it's right, and then straight into the tank.

Hope this helps. :)

I've got a handful of these and they are accurate with +-.5 degrees, they look good and even some with a extra battery. I got a couple going on 2 years plus without issues. Plus they're quick and easy to read, which is a plus with alot of tanks.

Top Fin&reg Digital Aquarium Thermometer - Heaters & Accessories - Fish - PetSmart

You haven't had any problems with those? I had two; they were both out by 3-5 degrees, but it wasn't even reliably out, lol. I wonder if I just got duds.

You haven't had any problems with those? I had two; they were both out by 3-5 degrees, but it wasn't even reliably out, lol. I wonder if I just got duds.

No I have 9 running I as type, I also have the old school suction cup thermometers on the tanks as well but I'm to lazy to look at those.

I use a digital meat thermometer from the kitchen aisle in the grocery store. I figured I have to go to the tank to read the temp anyway (and I have to get really close since I can't read anything that tiny), so why keep it in the tank? It's one less thing to try to hide.

The thermometer I have takes about 10-15 seconds to come up to full temp. I've tested it against some hyper-sensitive equipment from work and it's accurate to w/in .5 degrees all the time. It cost about $15. Not the cheapest solution necessarily, but much more convenient. It's great for setting the water temp for water changes too. Just hold it under the tap until it's right, and then straight into the tank.

Hope this helps. :)

I love the idea of an "instant read" thermometer! There is a restaurant supply near my work.

Thank you!

No I have 9 running I as type, I also have the old school suction cup thermometers on the tanks as well but I'm to lazy to look at those.

image-1734279344.jpg

I tried several different kinds--and have four tanks. I'm sure you can't read these but one says 80, another 75, and the third 79.

Back
Top Bottom