red sea max c-130

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sansouci01

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well, after losing my tank to a crash last weekend, I decided to start again but this time with a new tank. My 20 gallon was a 15 year old yard sale buy that worked for my first tank but I want something a little better now. Space doesn't permit me to go much larger. I was looking at the Red sea Max C130 set up. It's a little pricey but looks pretty much plug and play. I had over $600 invested in my 20 gallon so for not much more, I can get a pretty nice set up. I'm not really to keen on the power compact lights it comes with but I'm sure an LED mod wouldn't be too hard. At least to go along with the PC's. Anybody have one of these tanks? I would love to hear any comments before plunking down a grand...:lol::lol::lol:

No experience with that setup but sorry to hear about your crash. Happy to hear you are jumping back on board. ?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

thanks seanmonster. It was tough losing everything but I really enjoyed the tank so starting over was a no brainer. One of my clowns did survive but the poor guy is in a 2 1/2 gallon tank that I had running for about 6 months with a few pieces of coral in it. He probably is wondering what happened..:(

The red sea systems are plug and play. They are solid from all I've heard besides the space under the system. It is cramped, to include the sump, and you won't be able to upgrade the skimmer or anything under it due to the size limitations.

Back
Top Bottom