Red Sea Prizm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hockeydude15

Aquarium Advice Activist
Iwas wondering if someone could help me configure my new skimmer. I have it put together and running but I have problems. When I connect the airline to "prime" the filter just simply runs and nothing collects. When I set the airline to the "hose barb" the collection cup quickly fills with foam which turns into water right after and about 1 minute later its overflowing. What do I do?

I'm not 100% sure I follow you, but I used a Prism a few years ago.
One end of the airline gets hooked to the top of the U shaped intake tube. I just let the other end dangle. You control the height of the water inside the skimmer with the knob on the u tube. I used to have my water line just below the part of the neck where it starts to taper up into the cup.
If this is a brand new skimmer, it will take a good week or so to break in before it starts to collect skimmate.

I'm not 100% sure I follow you, but I used a Prism a few years ago.
One end of the airline gets hooked to the top of the U shaped intake tube. I just let the other end dangle. You control the height of the water inside the skimmer with the knob on the u tube. I used to have my water line just below the part of the neck where it starts to taper up into the cup.
If this is a brand new skimmer, it will take a good week or so to break in before it starts to collect skimmate.

When I let the airtube "dangle" or even hook it up to where its supposed to be, the collection cup just fills with water. So I try to adjust the flow with the knob on the u shaped intake and I cant find a happy medium. It either fills the collection cup with water or I have to adjust the ushape to nearly no flow of water.:confused:

Back
Top Bottom