Red Sea Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

athomson101

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Does anyone know anything good about the Red Sea line of tanks? I'm thinking of buying one here at present. Red Sea 130 which holds about 36 gallons.

Thanks in advance. And yes, I'm a :n00b:

Andy

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]The Max130D is obviously an elegant tank and one that will give you very little trouble once it is set up. If you are starting out and have the money to spend, I'd recommend it.[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]I copied some info from the store where I shop. Hope this helps:
[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]29 gallon volume for aquarium and 5 gallon filter volume. Includes[/FONT][FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]:[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]
  • Black Aquarium
  • Starter Kit
  • Black Aquarium Stand
  • Combo Kit with dual 55-watt Power Compact lighting system with electronic ballast, polished aluminum reflector, one 10,000 K 55-watt PC bulb, one actinic 55-watt PC bulb
  • Fan-cooled hood for extended life of electronic components, and dual blue LED moonlights.
  • Filter system includes protein skimmer, removable inlet grill with adjustable shutter for surface skimming,
  • 150-watt thermostat-controlled heater, two stage mechanical filter, highly porous ceramic biological filter media, activated carbon chemical media
  • Dual circulation pumps rated at 145 gph each with adjustable direction outlets
  • Compartment for chiller pump (although teh chiller pump itself is not included) and access panel for chiller inlet/outlet tubes
  • Hood control panel, main control panel, and power center. Hood control panel consists of 24 hour programmable lighting timer with integral on/off/auto switch and on/off switch for moonlights. Main control panel consists of conveniently positioned water-proof power switches for all aquarium components. Power center consists of 5 individually switched power outlets with splash cover for all aquarium components with single power cord.
  • Aquarium dimensions 24-inches x 19.7-inches x 19.7-inches (LxWxH).
  • Overall aquarium height with hood 24.1-inches
  • Glass thickness on aquarium 8 mm (5/16-inches)
Let me know what you decide to do.
[/FONT]

Back
Top Bottom