Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ok so I just got an email from Jeff at reef dynamics. Said he is sorry for the delay and my trouble. Said he was terribly busy with his move. He is going to make it right with me and sending me a whole new skimmer once I send him my skimmer serial number and verify my address.

Fingers crossed on this deal.

Already feeling better about it and hope I can withdraw my nasty comment about them. So far he is on the right track.

Old 10-17-2012, 08:26 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

ok, so here is an update...

today i came home from work to find a box from reef dynamics at my door. a brand new skimmer. complete with pump! it is a warranty replacement. at no expense on my part. not even shipping. this is pretty cool.

hopefully this one is a better performer.

it is still huge detriment, though, that there is such a lag in response time to emails and phone calls.
maybe so much so that this will be the last product i purchase from them.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:23 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

ok so i got an email asking for the old skimmer back. cool part was that i found paid return postage through ups. i was redesigning my sump so i was holding off moving anything around until i had that done. yesterday i put the new skimmer in a 2:1 water:vinegar mix and let it run for 24 hours. rinsed all the pieces and then swapped sumps. already its a different skimmer. i dont know why but remembering how the first one was to this one im looking forward to see if it will continue to outperform the old.

conclusion:

customer service is there but man is it slowwwwwww.

if im not wowed by this one ill be buying the new vertex omega 150 from premium aquatics or maybe my local fish store if they can get any in.

Tags
reef, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com