Reef lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It is really not much to compare T5s as to me at least, they all the same lol, the only thing diff is the bulb they have and how many watts in total the light has. I really can't say this one is better or worse than any other one in performance wise. However, price wise is not one of the cheapest I see.

You want to ask them if the lamps have individual reflectors or is it one large reflector for all. That makes a big difference. I would also ask if it was UL or CE listed.

What do you mean by UL or CE listed? I did ask if it has individual reflectors but have not gotten a response yet

UL stands for underwriters laboratories. They are an independent testing company in the U.S. that looks out for us by testing products and making sure they won't burn our houses down. CE is the European equivalent.

Maybe you can help me what I need help with ( if you want to). I have a 29 gallon reef and have a 65 gallon that I am going to upgrade to. I have everything but a light. Do you know of any good lights that will work for this tank? I want one that sits on the tank, don't want to hang one.

A 65 gallon is 36", correct? AQ-LED should have something for you. Check out his products. What do you intend to keep in this tank? SPS? Clams? Anemones? If so, I would want at least a 6 lamp t5 HO unit (individually reflected of course), Or a decent LED fixture.
If he can't help you, I'll try to hunt something down that will work.

Ya it's 36" x 18" x 24" I plan havering it mixed that's what mine is now. I'll check those out and see what they got. Thanks!

The guy with the fixture on eBay said that it is one big reflector with v indentations that eliminate the need for individual reflectors.

That's referred to as "individually contoured reflectors". How deep the reflector is bent to simulate individual reflectors is the question. Some have a little half inch bend which is just about as effective as a single reflector.

Came home from school today to a big surprise! I opened the door and there was a large box. I opened it up and there is an aquaticlife 6 bulb t5 ho fixture. My brother ordered it and didn't tell me about it!

Back
Top Bottom