Reef Octopus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dhiy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone know if this is a good protein skimmer? I can't find any reviews on it. I have a 55g without a sump. I would appreciate your guys input!
Reef Octopus BH 300 Dual
Hang on Back Protein
Skimmer

That's a good skimmer. Lots of people use Octo skimmers and like them, including myself. I have the NW200 in-sump skimmer.

I think reef octopus is one of the most recommended skimmers out there (at least from this site). That specific one will most likely be good for your size tank as well.

i have a reef octopus insump skimmer i would recommend it to anybody their great skimmers

Sorry idk how to move this thread. But thanks for the comments. Def ordering it today then.

Dude! I have that exact skimmer for my tank. High quality parts and it works great! Bad stuff, takes about 3 weeks to break in with your collection cups practically overflowing every couple of hours, the thing is huge and doesn't look very nice in the tank,sometimes it overflows if the bubble stopper gets clogged and their directions SUCK! however after it was broken in it is a beast! I made a mountain of live rock and hid the skimmer behind it! Pulls out nasty stuff constantly. I love mine now.

Back
Top Bottom