Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-01-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Reef Octopus HOB Skimmer Overflowing!!

Hi I have the Reef Octopus hob Super Reef skimmer XP1000 at home and I was having some problems with it overflowing.

It would work fine for over a month and then randomly it will produce a lot more bubble rapidly and quickly overflow the skimmer. It seems like the bubble output changes and increases by itself. I think it might be something within the tubing that is restricting the water flow (like a air pocket) and when the air pocket disappears the skimmer is able to produce a large amount of bubbles which causes the overflow. Is there anything you can do to help me? If this were to overflow when I am not home it would lead to a big problem. Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Old 08-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #2
SW 20 & Over Club

Send a message via ICQ to ccCapt
Make sure the airline isn't getting restricted by salt creep. Jam a wire or something down the airline to make sure it's clear.

Check out The build project
ccCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 06:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I will check it out when I get home. It's very nerve racking when nobody is home and it could overflow at any moment x__x. Would salt creep do what I am describing? The bubbles are at lets say scale 7 output then all of a sudden jump to 10 and overflows.

Tags
flow, hob, octopus, reef, reef octopus, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com