Reef Octopus HOB Skimmer Overflowing!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi I have the Reef Octopus hob Super Reef skimmer XP1000 at home and I was having some problems with it overflowing.

It would work fine for over a month and then randomly it will produce a lot more bubble rapidly and quickly overflow the skimmer. It seems like the bubble output changes and increases by itself. I think it might be something within the tubing that is restricting the water flow (like a air pocket) and when the air pocket disappears the skimmer is able to produce a large amount of bubbles which causes the overflow. Is there anything you can do to help me? If this were to overflow when I am not home it would lead to a big problem. Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Make sure the airline isn't getting restricted by salt creep. Jam a wire or something down the airline to make sure it's clear.

I will check it out when I get home. It's very nerve racking when nobody is home and it could overflow at any moment x__x. Would salt creep do what I am describing? The bubbles are at lets say scale 7 output then all of a sudden jump to 10 and overflows.

Back
Top Bottom