reflector

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes. i bought a t5 system and i believe the "reflector" is inadequate. Considering it is a piece of shiny plastic mylar and all.

I dont have a T5 system but I have heard that individual bulb reflectors is better.

dont get me wrong. the fixture i bought is great for someone who is not a big time DYI-er. but I can see that I may need better reflectors to get the most of my lighting. I have 4 39 watt bulbs, they should be sufficient if I have superior reflectors i think.

I can't tell how those reflectors are shaped by that pic. You want the ones shaped with a "w" ish shape.

It is hard to tell with those pictures, but in general, like melosu stated, it is preferred to have individual reflectors for each bulb.

from the pic, i think they are like you say, triangle shaped individual bulb reflectors. I need to inspect my fixture to see how/if I could even cram them in there. At 30 bucks a pop (I'd need 4) thats like doubling my cost of my fixture right there.

Back
Top Bottom