Refugium Light Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi everybody, :) I was wondering if I could get some clarification on some lighting for my refugium. I wanted to grow some algae (stringy one) and needed a light for my refugium. Being cheap I asked what kind of light bulb I could buy from Lowes and someone said as long as it was 6500k (daylight it says) I would be fine.

My question is, will this light be okay to grow algae in my refugium? I also know about the reverse lighting cycle so that would mean leaving this light on through the night, bright but I wouldn't mind, I just wanted to make sure it would actually work.

Is there anything else that you could help me in regards to my refugium lighting?

I mean the stringy Chaetomorpha, Caulerpa.

So the lightbulbs I bought are not any different? >< I want to make this thing BOOM! thanks :)

chaetomorpha as thats what my LFS's carry. Wanted them to reduce my nitrates so I could get corals eventually

That's all u need. Works great.
If ur refuse is under the stand with closed doors just open the door at night. Helps with the ph.

Its sitting on the floor next to the tank in the open room. Just put the light close to the tank and leave it running? The lightbulb gets a little hot but I guess that's not a problem. Thank you will definitely start turning it on tonight

Back
Top Bottom