Refugium Lighting need input !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rafatoy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hello all
I'm looking for a clip-on/clamp-on, small LED fixture that will clip to the rim, or edge of my HOB refugium. I don't need anything powerful, or anything expensive. But of course nice looking, also does the light have to be on top of the refugium or can the light hit the clear side of the refugium? Or DIY ideas?

Again, If anybody has any suggestions?
Thanks!

50 bucks? I don't know if you need that. Just go to home depot and get one of those 5 dollar clip on shop lights, and put a Curly-Q energy saver bulb in it and call it a day.....too ugly?
img_1824550_0_de009690a65d71fde112f47430a0d369.jpg

Mr_X oh yea more like my kind of budget there!!! Lol....do you if I need to point the light on top or the can the side work, also on the side will it burn out the plastic/acrylic ? Or the top should I remove the top ( yes it has a top) and let the light hit directly on the water?

As long as the plants are getting light, it doesn't matter where it's coming from, but algae is going to grow on that side pane very quickly. You will need to scrape it often.

Back
Top Bottom