regulating my ph levels

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NatalieFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey!
i know i've made a thread about this but i've learned more about "ph" levels and how important it is.I checked my ph level of my tap water today because i was advised to by someone on here, and by my brother and by two of my local " pets unlimited" people.and my tap water is the same as the water in my tank right now..(6.0) it changes the same color.. so im assuming they're the same.. i just took some from my tap in the kitchen in a little container and tested it from that.. I went in to my local pet store today and asked them about how to use the ph regulator and etc and they let me know that i could get this that or the other thing but i could just do some water changes.. i didn't ask him how many but i was then told by a different person that it would be too stressful ( on the fish ) to do that many water changes to bring the ph level to 7.0 and im totally lost now i dont know what to do im thinking about getting that ph regulator which in the first place,is what i was going to get and i was told it might be too stressful for the fish! also i've been told that 6.0 is " alright ".. take a look at my profile i have pics of all of my fish on here plus my tank. just to get an idea of my babies!
any advice is appreciated. thanks so much.

NatalieFish!
STILL a :n00b:

If your fish are OK, I would not mess with the ph level. Fish will do fine in a ph of 6. If you really want to raise the ph of the water you can use crushed coral. This can be done several different ways, you can mix a little crushed coral in with your substrate, put some in a media bag inside of your tank, or put some in a media bag inside of your filter.

To reiterate, you don't really need to, your fish have most likely already adapted to a ph of 6. At my old residence my water was at least 6 and I had a wide variety of fish that thrived in it.

Good luck!

if my fish are ok...

If your fish are OK, I would not mess with the ph level. Fish will do fine in a ph of 6. If you really want to raise the ph of the water you can use crushed coral. This can be done several different ways, you can mix a little crushed coral in with your substrate, put some in a media bag inside of your tank, or put some in a media bag inside of your filter.

To reiterate, you don't really need to, your fish have most likely already adapted to a ph of 6. At my old residence my water was at least 6 and I had a wide variety of fish that thrived in it.

Good luck!

Wow. thanks so much that made me feel very comfortable! alright.. okay haha, ill sit on that, i feel comfortable on that.. i've been told that if the fish "Seem " okay than they most likely are.. but your reply made me feel even better. i think i still have to do a water change though i have prepared some water and i intend on doing some syphoning tomorrow.. so you think that 6.0 is fine? i only really have two gold fish adn two white.. um, i.. don't know what they are.. and a pleco and a louch..

thanks SO MUCH for reassuring me!!!!!!!!!! Im so greatful!:D

Back
Top Bottom