Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-14-2014, 05:05 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Remora pro pump?

Recently purchased a remora pro online, it's coming with a maxi-jet 1100 and wanted to get some opinion on whether the pump is good? I have a 36 gallon tank. Also if anyone already has the remora pro? Where would be a good place to get a replacement o-ring for the collector cup?

Old 06-03-2014, 06:40 PM   #2

Just bought the same but without the pump. Really hoping for advice on this 😊

Old 06-04-2014, 01:52 PM   #3

So far mine has been producing a lot of wet skimmate. Good thing mine came with a drain plug.
Old 06-04-2014, 01:57 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I am running a rio 1100 I think it is on my remora. Works really really well. The first remora I had I ran with a maxijet 1200 and it also was just fine.

I am not sure where to get the replacement o ring thing, have you looked on ebay? that'd be my best bet I say.

Youll love the remora, I do. In fact I bought my second one recently to run on my 40g after running one on a 29g and 55g. It worked really well on all the tanks.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:01 PM   #5

I used zip ties instead and that's been working well, I have it set to the highest setting and it still produces really wet skimmate . Is there any way to change that?
Old 06-04-2014, 02:13 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I have mine a little lower than half way and am getting a nasty thick sludge right now. How long has the skimmer been running? They need a few weeks to break in usually..
Old 06-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #7

It's been running for a about 2 weeks but it was a used model so it had been run for a while by the previous owner.
Old 06-04-2014, 02:22 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm not sure what to say then. I would keep it as high as you can and let it work itself out.
I've had nothing but great results using the remoras and never had any adjustment issues.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:24 PM   #9

There's mods available online that show you how to increase the cup height especially when upgrading the pump. If you have that issue and can't find the link I can post it. AquaC also sell a larger cup size too. After lots of research I've gone with the aquaclear70 pump. This produces 50gph more than the maxi jet and is the standard pump that comes with the remora pro here is Australia. Will let you know how it goes.

Tags
pump, remora

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com