Remora pro pump?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carlos8garcia7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Recently purchased a remora pro online, it's coming with a maxi-jet 1100 and wanted to get some opinion on whether the pump is good? I have a 36 gallon tank. Also if anyone already has the remora pro? Where would be a good place to get a replacement o-ring for the collector cup?

So far mine has been producing a lot of wet skimmate. Good thing mine came with a drain plug.

I am running a rio 1100 I think it is on my remora. Works really really well. The first remora I had I ran with a maxijet 1200 and it also was just fine.

I am not sure where to get the replacement o ring thing, have you looked on ebay? that'd be my best bet I say.

Youll love the remora, I do. In fact I bought my second one recently to run on my 40g after running one on a 29g and 55g. It worked really well on all the tanks. :)

I used zip ties instead and that's been working well, I have it set to the highest setting and it still produces really wet skimmate . Is there any way to change that?

I have mine a little lower than half way and am getting a nasty thick sludge right now. How long has the skimmer been running? They need a few weeks to break in usually..

It's been running for a about 2 weeks but it was a used model so it had been run for a while by the previous owner.

I'm not sure what to say then. I would keep it as high as you can and let it work itself out.
I've had nothing but great results using the remoras and never had any adjustment issues.

There's mods available online that show you how to increase the cup height especially when upgrading the pump. If you have that issue and can't find the link I can post it. AquaC also sell a larger cup size too. After lots of research I've gone with the aquaclear70 pump. This produces 50gph more than the maxi jet and is the standard pump that comes with the remora pro here is Australia. Will let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom