Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 02-16-2005, 03:40 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Rena Air 100 Weak output

Hi, I've recently bought a 2nd hand air pump tho I think it will be my last one i buy 2nd hand. It is a rena air 100 and the amount of output for the 2nd hand one is significantly and a LOT WORSE than the one I bought 1st hand from the shops.

I was wondering if any1 knows what I can do to increase the output? (eg parts I can replace, etc)

extremenewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2005, 04:27 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
The diaphram in the second hand one may be old and worn out. If that's the case, a simple Rena diaphram repair kit will fix that. First test to see if it's not the stone. Sometimes stones will clog and not allow air to come out from the pores. Then check the diaphram. Sometimes it's good to replace the little air filter too.
We, as a people, know so much more about outer space than we do about our own oceans. This lack of knowledge can very well spell the dangers that lay in wait for us.

The oceans surely would swallow us before a rock comes down to smite the planet of it's life.
TCTFish is offline   Reply With Quote

air, rena

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com