Rena Filstar XP1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

degbowl

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought a Rena Filstar XP1 from someone on ebay. It did not come with a manual. It seemed simple to set up, but when I went to start filter it does not prime. It is supposed to self prime. I tried putting some water in the canister to give it a start, but still nothing. The motor makes alot of noise but nothing happens. Did I do something wrong. I've had canister filters before but never a Rena Filstar. I tried going to their website but it did not help. If I had the manual maybe I would be able to figure it out. I hope somebody can help me out. Thanks!
Jim

I have a xp1. When I first set it up I had to unscrew the top of the intake, and fill it with water until the intake tube was filled. Then I had to let it sit for two minutes and then plug it in. I have done maintainence on it every week since, and it did give me a bit of a problem once--identical to the one you are having. I just pulled the lever up (to stop the water), shook the canister and then pushed the lever back down (to start the water again). Sure enough a few bubbles came out and it was fine. HTH!

Back
Top Bottom