Rena Filstar XP3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrcrazypants05

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've thought about getting a couple of rena filstar xp3's. They are 350gph and are for up to 175gallon aquariums. I would use them for my 125gallon. Would this be over kill if I got two of these. I've heard cichlids are very messy anyways. Or has anyone had any problems with these filters, or any experience at all?

A bit personally, but I have a good 6-7 friends that are pretty serious aquarists that have been swearing by these filters for 3+ years now....and not a one of them has had trouble with a single filter...not even once.

I don't have any experience with the xp-3 but with the xp-2.I recently bought a couple of xp-2's for some 46 gallon tanks I have and I love the ease of maintanance with them. I have a Fluval 404 on an 80 gallon tank and like it as well but its a little bit harder to make sure its sealed properly.I'm looking at getting a xp-2 or xp-3 to run in tandem with the 404 since the tank is heavily planted, that way I should get better water movement/filtration. The fluval is still a good filter but after getting the xp-2, I think I will stick with the Rena filters in the future.

Sweet, alright thanks guys. I'm gonna go with the two rena filstar xp3's. The LFS around here is trying to charge $199 for one. 8O On petsmart.com they have them for like $104.99.

Oh wow, thanks for finding that info!! Hey, doesn't bigals match other places prices though? I heard they have free shipping after $200.

Big Als will beat the price by 5%. I think you have to call (instead of ordering online) and they will add the other site's shipping to the price. At least that's what I think.

Back
Top Bottom