Rena Filter problem?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drillsar

Aquarium Advice Activist
My filter is like 6 months old, i replaced all the media but water flow seems very low, what can be the problem?

I know saltwater you can use distilled water to clean up deposits should I try that with this?

How are your hoses?? are they really brown and dirty?? (I would drain them, take them off and run a cloth or something through them. You could tie a nut or something to some string and the other to the cloth and then drop the nut through and pull the cloth through) If not maybe replace the hosees.. Have you cleaned the impellor lately?? Just some suggestions..

only 6 months old... shouldn't be dirty hoses. I would also check the impeller or how tight the connections are with the hoses. I have a rena, over 1 yr old and still has great pressure. Do you have the flow limiter on? Just a cople thoughts.

this about the filstar xp series? if it is make sure your disconnect valve is all the way down taht could slow it down and if you have the pressure valve on the output make sure its set at max

You can clean FW equipment with white vinigar. If need be..
But, if you have any valves make sure they are all the way open.

Back
Top Bottom