Rena Filters

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NeoCatsy

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know anything about the Rena Filter. IS it any good? If not, any advice on what brand to look for?

I have had all 4 of the rena canister filters in use at some point or another. Currently still using an XP3 and 2 XP4s on my running systems. I love them, never had an issue with them.

HOB or canister?

I've had nothing but great experience with their XP line of canister filters. We're running 4 now and love them. I've never used the HOBs.

Its a canister filter. Sounds like i'm gonna have my first piece of equipment for my tank. I could use some help on brands of other things if anyone is willing to talk to a noob.

We're always willing to share experiences, recommendations, and "talk to a noob". :)

What else are you interested in?

BTW- Where in Ga.?

We live in Bethlehem, ga about 45 mins from Athens. I am intrested in all equipment needed to start up my tank. I'm not really suer what is manditory or opptional. I read the post on the list of things posted but, i'm the kind a person i need a list or equipment needed.

What type of tank are you wanting? Freshwater, Salwater with Fish only, SW Reef...?

Its a saltwater FO , bow front 70 gallon. HN1 what part of Ga are you in?

I'm in 30028. I can't name the city because of the filters. lol Extreme North edge of metro Atlanta.

You may get much more benefit skipping the canister filter and going with a protein skimmer if you have the space for a sump.

yeah , i know where that is. So, i dont need a filter and a skimmer?. What else do i need?

I love my fluvials...just to put another thought into your head!

XP filters are great filters one of the few canisters i would run.

I can't name the city because of the filters.
thats just because you are trying to get so many people to come over they blocked it in hopes you would stop stalking people....

Back
Top Bottom