Rena heater help please!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J-T-T

Aquarium Advice Regular
Okay so I recently got my new 55g from a friend of mine and the Rena heater came with it. Problem is the instructions did not accompany!?
Seems to smarter than I am so I am trying to find instructions about what it is trying to tell me. I purchased a back up heater and have them both set to the same temp just till I can figure this heater out! Anyone ?

Moved to General Hardware/Equipment.

Do you know what model of heater you have? If not, maybe posting a pic of the heater would help us to figure it out.

Don't have the model... Sorry. Here are a few pics... Hope it helps!!

image-1416226570.jpg

image-3856992675.jpg

image-722219105.jpg

I have the 50 watt version of this heater RENA SmartHeater 50, it is no longer made but I still have box & instructions what do u need to know?

Great!! Thanx...!!!
How do I set it? It was fine for about 3 weeks. Than the light would come on for a bit; light turned off and than about 20 min later would blink. K figured it was a sensor but tried every adjustment I could to get it back on track. Same thing. Continue this cycle for two days. Now the light is constant. ALWAYS. Help!!!

Lite on means heater is on. Fast flash means water temp is to high, slow flash mean temp to low. The light on mine has never stayed on more than bout 10 minutes or so, but only had it few weeks. Do u have it in a high flow area or near a filter?

I had one of these heaters a while back. If I remember right a slow blink means the water it colder than the set temp. A fast blinking means it is hotter than the set temp. And a steady light means it is heating the tank. When the light is off so it the heater.
To adjust it you twist the part of the heater around the light. It should be labeled with different temps.
This heater is designed to hook to a filter (have water flow though it) I didn't have the right filter so I just put the heater below my intake of my filter and it seemed to work well.
I hope that helps with your questions. If not feel free to ask

2tanks4me said:
Lite on means heater is on. Fast flash means water temp is to high, slow flash mean temp to low. The light on mine has never stayed on more than bout 10 minutes or so, but only had it few weeks. Do u have it in a high flow area or near a filter?

^^ Awe man! You beat me to it!

Yes & u can also stick a small airstone down the tube on the back & draw the water up thru it that way if it wont fit your filter pipe

Oh I almost forgot (I just noticed it now when looking at my heater while cleaning the tank) this heater goes up into the 90° range so if the light is constantly on you may have it turned up to high making it stay on. Hope this helps! Good luck! I luv this heater & wish I could find 1 like yours for my 55 gal.

Back
Top Bottom