Rena missing pieces?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gzeiger

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I bought a used XP2 canister off Craigslist recently, and I'm not sure how it's supposed to work. The interior has media baskets like my Eheim, but there's no standpipe to take the incoming water down to the bottom of the canister. There isn't even a hole in the media baskets to accomodate one (the bottoms of the baskets are full of little holes through which water could pass, but nothing that seems to direct flow). When I put it together it looks like the water will flow fairly directly across the very top of the first basket from inlet to outlet, bypassing nearly all the media I put in there.

How is this supposed to work?

The top basket should have a cover on it that mates with the bottom of the lid to the filter. That forces the water to be sucked up through the center of the media. It comes in through the hose, around the baskets, but has to come through the center of the baskets due to the way the baskets fit together and the cover on the top basket.

Back
Top Bottom