RENA water heater

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katym27

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hi! I bought a 35 gallon tank used with everything included, but I have noticed the RENA water heater doesn't seem to work. The light has been flashing for days which I read means that it isn't at the desired temperature. Anyone else have this problem? Thank you for any help!

When your heater is working properly the light should stay on steady when it is heating. The light should go completely out when water is at temp desired.Some of the newer heaters use red and green lights, red when heating, green when off. It could be a short in the indicator light that is making it flicker.

I can't remember what brand my old heater was, it was all black and it had the green and red lights. At first it was constant red and then the green would turn on when it was up to temp. Then it started flashing, red for a minute then green and kept flashing. I finally got a recall notice in the mail about the heater. Didn't say what was wrong with it, but I'm pretty sure that was it. It usually has to do with the thermostat breaking. Most use cheap kind.. It should still heat but doesn't automatically shut off when done getting to the temp and them your tank gets to hot.

The recall occured because the heaters would leak small amounts of water inside the heater, heat it up and then explode.Seen several pics of tanks that were destroyed because of the heater exploding. They were Marineland Stealth Pro's

Mines doing the same due to my ac being out but my temp is to high, I've chilled the water down and it stopped

Back
Top Bottom