Rena XP2 Noise Problem...Still not fixed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope that happens with mine. :) Its started making the humming noise....probably the impellar. I will have to take mine apart tonight. Its the filter for the tank in my bedroom, so the humming is driving me nuts!

Sorry yours hasn't gotten any better Marconis.

Ok. I installed my new impeller, and the noise is still the same. Anyone wanna help me chuck this badboy out the window?

Have you tried picking up the filter while it's running and shaking it? If you hear a slosh, there's air in there causing the noise. It tends to get stuck causing cavitation around the impeller. Tipping the filter around a bit while it's turned off will usually pass the bubble through and quiet things down.

Yes, but does it still slosh when shaken? The question is, has all the air been removed before the pump is turned on, or is it getting in there while it's running?

The reason I asked (after assuming you had bled the system of air) is because my own cannister gets a bubble of air stuck above the impeller and it takes repeated power cycling to get it to flush the bubble through. Actually turning the cannister upside down and back again a few times while it's running pulls it out of the pocket where it gets stuck also.

It may just be my imagination, but it is quieter than before. Still noisy (by Rena standards) , but quieter. I will give it a week or two, maybe the impeller just needs to be broken in.

Back
Top Bottom