rena xp3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kingcrab

Aquarium Advice Regular
this filter sucks !!!! i have it on a 75g freshwater....it just dont have enough suction.....i will never buy one again...should have put in the extra cash for the fluval !!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

this filter sucks !!!! i have it on a 75g freshwater....it just dont have enough suction.....i will never buy one again...should have put in the extra cash for the fluval !!!!!!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I found this excerpt in the link below ... may help.

Good luck!

Rena Filstar is not sucking water

by rick
(so cal)

the water suction is not very powerful it works but not to full potential does anyone have advice

A: This symptom has to do with priming and has been discussed already. Please review previous posts at the bottom of the Filstar FAQ page for suggestions. I also advise viewing the video on startup at MARS FISHCARE :: WELCOME TO MARS FISHCARE

Rena Filstar Performance Questions

I am using 9 of them from the xp4 down to the xp2, I think they are a great filter. Plenty of suction and flow. When you clean it, fill the canister completely up, then put the top back on. Let it set for a few seconds after you close the lever, then plug it in. Should eliminate the air in the top of the can.

I'm confused on that statement.. my xp3 has a lot more flow than my fluval 405... i mean, a lot more. Maybe it's just not primed good like jcolon posted. I've found it's easiest to open one of the snaps on the side until water shoots out, then it's primed.

i did fill up the canister and did like you said..there is no more air in the canister.....its just that my fluval had way more suction....with the rena i can see particals floating around and not even getting sucked in. my tank is really clear though, and the rena is quiet as ****... can even hear it running..

IMO -i just had better performance with the fluval !!!! i guess i can rate the rena # 2...

thanks for all the advice guys and gals

Back
Top Bottom