Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 08-15-2013, 01:21 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tx Oscar Lover View Post

I actually just purchasrd two of these. & after a few days one of mine was leaking from the electrical cord. I'm not sure what caused it. But I sent it back and am getting another one for free. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. But the air thing was happening to me as well. I hope these filters turn out to be good products.
An electrical cord leak has to do with the O rings, once they become corroded and old this is the tell tale sign. But a brand new setup should not do this unless its missing an O ring or that particular model was sitting and the air got to them.

Old 08-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshenanagins View Post

An electrical cord leak has to do with the O rings, once they become corroded and old this is the tell tale sign. But a brand new setup should not do this unless its missing an O ring or that particular model was sitting and the air got to them.
Yeah that's what I read. I asked if I should try to fix it myself or send it back & everyone said since it was new just to send it back. So I'm getting my new one soon hopefully.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via Skype™ to FishCr8zy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary bird View Post

Yes I now know after re reading the manual
The level in the picture is the highest, it drops half way down the top basket, that's why I turned it off last night I was worried it would blow up or something, but so far today it's been ok ? It has dropped a little lower than the picture but I think it's ok for now !
Whoa..... That's very low. Now that I checked, mine is actually full to the top. No air pockets.

FishCr8zy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:12 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah I. Pretty sure air is getting in there, I'm going to check it all tomorrow .. Thanks for all the info
Old 09-04-2013, 10:32 AM   #15
Aquarium Advice FINatic

After really tightening the clips with pliers no problem at all, it's now full to the top no visible water line.

Now after 5 weeks I've removed my old internal filter which covered one of the sides completely , and moved the spray bar to the side so it sprays length ways, I find the ripples tend to fade out 3/4 of the way down the tank so I'm going to see if its ok after a couple of days if not ill have to put the internal one back in it looks so nice without it.. Any suggestions ?
Old 09-06-2013, 02:35 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary bird View Post
After really tightening the clips with pliers no problem at all, it's now full to the top no visible water line.

Now after 5 weeks I've removed my old internal filter which covered one of the sides completely , and moved the spray bar to the side so it sprays length ways, I find the ripples tend to fade out 3/4 of the way down the tank so I'm going to see if its ok after a couple of days if not ill have to put the internal one back in it looks so nice without it.. Any suggestions ?
Just because you don't see the current it is reaching the end of the tank. Your fine with just your XP don't worry about it
Old 09-06-2013, 06:24 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Thanks, I went through some of my old bits of aquarium stuff and found a eheim 2012 pickup so I used my seeded sponge and put that in , I'm a little worried about under filtering , I know the xp3 is fab but because I have this monster Pleco I feel I need the extra filtration, I might turn it off for a week and see how the xp goes .. Thanks for the reply

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com