rena xp3 filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bschowa

Aquarium Advice Freak
i currently have the xp3 filter and one of the clasps broke off, does anyone know of a fix other than a bungee cord or a place that sells just the canister for cheap? or possibly someone on here that has a broken rena filter but the canister is still in tact?

:thanks:
brent

One of the plastic 'clips' that holds the top on? You might get away with a cheap ratchet strap or something of that nature... honestly, I think that would work OK since you still have the other 3. You might be able to find just the can itself on ebay.. I'm not even sure if the clips are replaceable (never looked at mine).

I agree. I doubt running it with 1 broken clasp will present any problem.

you are able to buy replacement clasps but it is the plastic u shaped thing actually attached to the canister that is broken so the clasp has no way to be held on :( and i have tried both bungee cords but the pressure that is built up in the canister the water squirts out the side.

and from what i have seen on ebay they are all selling new or working filters for 100+ $ without shipping included which is almost as much as a new one would cost.

I don't think bungee cords will work. Do you have any cheap ratchet straps? that will get the pressure to hold it down. I wouldn't consider this to be a permenant solution, but I think that would hold you over until you're able to find a new canister.

Wow, really surprised it leaks with one broken clasp. Good to know. Sorry for the predicament, and I hope you can find a cheap replacement. How old is it? You may contact Rena and tell them it broke, ask them for a new can. All they can say is no. Give them a sob story, tell em how much you love it, but tell em it broke with normal operation...

thanks ill give the ratchet strap a try! hopefully that can be a temporary fix until i can find a new canister or afford one.

its 3 years old about it think, and ill see what they say although i think they only have a 1 year warranty on them not sure ill have to see if i can dig out the box, hopefully i still have it

thanks for the tips!

if anyone has a canister they no longer use though and are looking to unload it that would be awesome

the ratchet strap worked! it fixed it until i can find a new canister :)

pet mountain does have really good prices but thats still real expensive, almost 3/4 of the price of a new one :(

I found the replacement clips by typing into Amazon.com Filstar parts. They sell the clips for the top separately. Now you've got me wanting to buy a spare set in case of emergencies!

Back
Top Bottom