Rena XP3 help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliffz

Aquarium Advice Freak
folks,
I have a Rena XP3 for about 6-8 months now. I noticed the outlet pressure dropping recently. I took apart the filter cleaned all the tubing no obstruction and re assembled. Same problem-no pressure. I ran the pump for 20-30 seconds with no water--impeller spins but rattles a bit.
I notice my PVC CO2 diffuser only fills 3/4 with water. Water is trickling into the Difuser from the outflow of the Rena but with no force. New impeller? What would make a 6-8month old impeller weak? Maybe the electro magnet is shot?
Any suggestions are appreciated.
Cliff NY

Hard to say. I would replace the impeller. It is not costly and could easily solve the problem. Only other thought I have is to remove the diffuser and see if that helps.

Rich,
Impeller shows no signs of damage. they are $25 so i dont want to waste the cash if it may not be the problem. There is no motor correct? Just a magnetic field to spin the impeller? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

If you hear a rattle from the impellor, it my be slightly bent. Take it apart and roll it on a flat surface, to see if it is still straight.

Don't forget, I think they carry a two year warranty so contacting Rena might be an option as well.

folks--
shaft is straight. I am going to call Rena tomorrow---see how they support their product. They say 30 day turn around on warrantee work. Ill have to dig up a smaller filter for the 30 days. ugh

Back
Top Bottom