Rena XP3 Parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

theotheragentm

Aquarium Advice Addict
My filter is over a year old now and I've been noticing more vibration noise from it. I had the power go out for a short while and sometimes the filter won't reprime itself. It's quite loud then. I can remove the cap and put it back on and everything seems to be fine, but I am getting that additional noise. Can anyone recommend which parts to purchase and where to purchase them?

Thanks in advance.

I've never dealt with this, but just hearing your issues I'd suspect the impeller. Losing power where it can't prime itself and getting noisy - that just points to either the impeller (easy solution) or the motor (not so cheap solution) in my opinion.

What is the circular disc that you lock into place with a 1/8th turn? That sometimes gets dislodged, which makes a ton of noise when that's out, because the pump isn't working. i may just replace the impeller, shaft, and that piece.

I think that piece just holds the impeller in place IIRC.

Makes me realize it's been a while since I cleaned out my impellers. lol

Well I came home and the filter was still running fine. Two minutes later it was rattling. I opened it up and the circular disc was loose. I purchased a new one. Hopefully that solves my issues, because if this keeps coming loose, I'm going to end up burning out my motor.

Back
Top Bottom