Rena xP4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ejaramillo01

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got a 100G tank from Craiglist, is coming with a canister filter, pretty new Rena xP4 rated for 465 gallons per minute.

I read mixed reviews about this filter, I would like to hear people's opinion about the filter. I read that comes with a Chemical filtration, meaning that in the last stage has some bio bags or something like that???? What exactly is that???

I've heard nothing but good things about it. I don't have one personally but I would consider it in the future. :)

I have an xp3 which is the next size smaller. Very good filter from what I've seen. The chemical media that came with mine was a carbon/zeolite combo... it's still in the box in the closet. I just run the sponges and ceramic rings in mine. That filter should be just fine for that tank.

mfdrookie516 said:
I have an xp3 which is the next size smaller. Very good filter from what I've seen. The chemical media that came with mine was a carbon/zeolite combo... it's still in the box in the closet. I just run the sponges and ceramic rings in mine. That filter should be just fine for that tank.

Gotcha! So it's the carbon, I will do the same and remove it. Is this the one that you are running with PFS in the tank? I'm planing to put also PFS in the 100G....

Thanks to both...

Back
Top Bottom