Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-05-2007, 07:40 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice Activist

Mulron - The link on your post took me to Marine Depot (love that site) but the product displayed wa a light fixture that I was considering purchasing... I'm sure this is because MD leaves cookies on my computer to keep me logged in - but tell me more about the item so I can find it. I was actually imagining a switch would be perfect.. I was going to invent it myself!

I will also make the changes and checks you suggested on the CPR... Not sure how to hook up the suction nipple to the powerhead though.

You guys are great! Thanks for your help!!

EDIT:... I found the switch! Thanks!!

Old 03-05-2007, 04:53 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Activist

Sorry about the link - thought I had the switch in my copy buffer.

To connect the CPR to a PH use the venturi hole on the PH. So instead of the tube going to air pump - attach it to the venturi hole by the directional output flow.

In plain English - right by where the water comes out of a PH you should see a hole (might be capped) but you can attach the hose there.

I use these PHs - if you look right by the "fan"/ output of the PH you will see the place where you need to attach it.

Hope I made myself clear -if not just holler. I'll try and explain it another way.

EDIT: if you need to buy a new PH or are concidering replacing the pumps with PHs get something around 200-250 GPH. Should work wonders.

Old 03-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thanks mulron!
I have maxi-jet powerheads but if I can't find the little hole... I'll just get the one you have pictured here.

The manifold is already in pieces on the floor (RIP) and I have new pumps on the way! Wish me luck and thanks again! I think we've got it figured out...
Old 03-05-2007, 11:54 PM   #14
AA Team Emeritus

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Hey....keep us informed! I hope all works out!!!!
Old 03-06-2007, 04:26 PM   #15
Aquarium Advice Activist

I hope all works out for ya!
holler if ya need something.

125gal Reef
55gal sump
AquaC EV-120 Skimmer
Arctica 1/4hp Chiller
3 x 250W MH 10K and 2 x 165W VHO Actinics
mulron is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eat, flow, overflows, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com